Friday, October 09, 2009

Carrying Sentiment.

It took courage and strength, but I moved a step closer to closing away old dreams so to be prepared for a new challenge and life. I deleted my Myspace, Facebook Fanpage, and Twitter music pages. I feel it is now time to finally put my music production away for good in order to be free to explore and realize a new identity for myself. It was a nice dream when I was a young man, but now, it no longer has the meaning it once did.

I once heard it said, unfortunately I remember not where, that at times one must let go of the things of past dreams and ambitions in order to let the life he or she is to live and lead emerge, or something like that. That sentiment is carrying me right now.

It has been extremely difficult for me to be creative in recent years while studying at graduate school in something not of a well fit for me. I have learned that time is finite as well as energy and youth. Youth can be crucial, strong, emergent, but certainly limited, especially since I now possess none, and the dreams of my youth no longer seem to work. Dreams are wasted on the youth, as is desire. I no longer want to waste anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home