Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back to the Blog Zone

I have been a terrible blogger up to now. I feel I have left this space completely neglected and without care for several years. I think the initial reason I had for creating this blog was to have a place to post some of my academic works. But I have lost my interest in doing that sort of publication, and now I am much more interested in reading what people outside of academia have to say about social reality, discursivity, queer identity, identity formations, art, life, media, music, etc. Anything really. Anything is up for discussion now. The purpose is now to find something new, innovative, creative, insightful, and above all - real and tangible to struggle with and be challenged by.

One of the methods I am going to be utlizing is a sort of critical media discourse analysis I am developing from a very old practice. A sort of deconstructive process of taking social discourse from one public source and turning it into some form of poetic and creative social theorizational text here. Right now, I think I am going to be using discussion thread material generated on my personal Facebook account to be a place draw from. This may prove to be a rather rich experiment.

Enjoy. And please, post, comment, thread, and circulate.

Richard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home