Thursday, August 03, 2006

Rondeau / Goodbye Santiago

Challenge Six
Creative Writing ENGL 3516
Professor Meyer
July 13, 2006
Composed by Richard Birch
This work Copyright (C) 2006 Richard Birch

Goodbye Santiago, you have lost your time
to continue on beyond the sublime
moments we had constructed for each other.
No one else could dare to, none other.
Do you still have the bottle that held our wine?

For weeks I wished you could be mine.
Yet a silent clock rings a silent chime.
You left me little to piece together.
Goodbye Santiago.

In case you do not believe the sign
that I have finally moved on to sweeter wine,
I will not be taken under
the waves of regret. I shall leave you to ponder
what you hold most divine.
Goodbye Santiago.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply brilliant Richard. I love your work!

- Video Guy!

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home